Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's Never Too Late to Become a Cosmo Girl


After all this cosmo talk, my mother-in-law, Min, wanted to know what all the fuss was about. Actually it was her daughter Jean who wanted to know, but Min was curious as well. So on a visit to Connecticut this past summer, I brought all of the ingredients plus the cocktail shaker and some glasses.

As you can tell from the attached photo, Min liked it. I like the way her shirt matches her cocktail.

Trying something new is nothing new for her, by the way; she lives for it. She’s talking about taking flying lessons, for example. Although now that I think of it, that’s not new because she had a license 70 years ago, when she and her mother were part owners of a Piper Cub.

Here’s to the newest cosmo girl in my circle, on the occasion of her 87th birthday today. Cheers, Min!

3 comments:

Michele Hush said...

She really does look happy. Change is good.

Lee Stokes Hilton said...

She does look happy! My friend Michele Hush suggested this blog to me because my latest post was about Champagne Cosmos, which I LOVE serving at the holidays. In fact, I have a batch of the mixer in my fridge just waiting for friends to drop by. (see the recipe at spoonandink.blogspot.com) Here in Austin, they generally serve cosmos the same as everywhere else, just in LARGE glasses, but maybe i should try a frosted chili pepper garnish!

Mary said...

Lee,

I just saw your comment today; that's how bad a blogger I am! Which is a shame because a Champagne Cosmo would have been perfect for New Year's Eve, with or without the frosted chili pepper. I enjoyed your blog, and the essays you've written for the Times that Michele has sent my way.

Thanks for reading and commenting,
Mary